Saturday, March 22, 2014

March Madness in 2004

On March 20, 2004, We were finally on our way to Kazakhstan...landing in Almaty, then, after spending a night and a day, we finally flew to Shymkent on March 22...(our 24th Anniversary.)  We flew "Scat" Airlines, a division of Aeroflot...whose motto was "Don't forget to tie your seatbelt"!  Broken seats!  and  ...seatbelts? really? where?  (we found and tied them).  I had to keep remembering that I was just as much in God's Hand then as I was in United and Lufthansa flights.  Whew!  Landed at a DARK airport......we had to walk around the building, then, walk back to the airplane to get our luggage (which all made it, amazingly enough!)  Off to our small, but serviceable apartment...sure do wish I had brought screen fabric, fly paper, and duct tape.  The bugs got to be bad, and it was so hot, we had to have the windows open!

Was so wonderful to have two of our three kids w/us....

Hardest labor I ever had!

Happy Anniversary to my DH...now at #34...we brought home quite a "souvenir" of our trip, eh?

Love, Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment